DNA Paternity Testing - Testing Process
Step 1: Complete Testing Requisition Form
- To schedule a test by phone, call 1-888-262-2263
- To schedule a legal test online, click on this link
Remember to include the following information:
- Names of the patients involved
- Contact information for clients
- File/Case number (if applicable)
- Address and/or fax numbers of legal representatives or any other parties to whom the results are to be released
- Any special instructions, including court date (if applicable)
Step 2: Submit Completed Form
Submit the completed Testing Requisition Form to Genex electronically, by toll-free fax, or phone.
Step 3: Submit Samples
Upon receipt of the completed requisition form:
- Genex staff will contact the patients directly (unless otherwise indicated) to schedule appointments for sample collection. Patients are asked to bring valid photo identification to their appointment. Identification for children is also required and can be in the form of a health care card, birth certificate, or vaccination records.
- Appointments are approximately 15 minutes in duration. Strict chain of custody and identification procedures will be followed during the appointment. Patients will be positively identified, a Polaroid photograph is taken and a right thumbprint is obtained for verification. Children under 18 years must be accompanied by their legal guardian.
- Phlebotomists will obtain either a small blood sample or a non-invasive buccal swab sample during the appointment.
- The samples are sealed with signed security seals in witness of the patients involved and sent to Genex through secure internal delivery or via courier, following strict chain of custody considerations.
- The samples are received by Genex and checked for integrity.
- The samples are processed using advanced PCR technology and analyzed using the 310/3100 Genetic Analyzer.
- If the results indicate an inclusion, the DNA report is immediately generated. All exclusions are independently reconfirmed (tested two times) before delivery of the final report.
- The results are compiled, printed, checked, and signed by the responsible scientist. Results are available approximately 5 to 7 working days from the day that the samples are received.
4. Wait for Results
Once the results become available, you will be able to access the test results immediately securely with your password by phone or online.
5. Receive Result Report
If specified, the results are faxed to legal counsel as requested, and original documents follow by mail.
6. Inquire Results with Genex
You will receive the results are in the form of a comprehensive report, together with the data sheet. An easy-to-use glossary is included with every report, as well as the toll-free number to the testing laboratory for support from qualified genetic advisors.Next: DNA Accuracy »