This combo ancestry DNA test sequences your maternally inherited mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), and analyzes short tandem repeat (STR) markers on your paternally inherited Y chromosome (Y-DNA). This test allows you to trace the ancestry of your direct maternal lineage (your mother’s, mother’s, mother’s…maternal lineage) and your direct paternal lineage (your father’s, father’s, father’s…paternal lineage).
Important! This combo test can only be taken by MALES, as only males have Y-DNA. Females are able to trace their maternal lineages through the DNA Maternal Ancestry Test, but if they wish to trace their own paternal lineage, they must test the Y-DNA of a direct male line relative.
Trace the ancestry of your direct maternal and paternal lineages to:
- Define your maternal and paternal ethnic backgrounds
- Understand your maternal and paternal origins
- Search a global database for long-lost relatives on your maternal and paternal lines
- Compare your mtDNA and Y-DNA against against people throughout history, including famous and infamous individuals, royalty, outlaws, world leaders, poets, and more
After you receive your results report, your journey continues online. Search one of four powerful complimentary DNA databases which will allow you to bring your ancestry research to the next level:
- DNA Reunion Database – Search for long lost family lines. Ideal for genealogists looking to expand their family tree and confirm or refute family legends, individuals looking for their biological parents and family members separated by adoption or other reasons (e.g. war).
- Indigenous DNA Database – Determine which indigenous groups are most similar to your DNA type.
- DNA Haplogroups Database – Trace you ancestry back over 100,000 years to its ancient roots in Africa.
- Famous DNA Database – Compare your DNA to famous or notable people in history.